Thursday, February 05, 2009


QUick update to tell you that I have been watching American Idol proudly and loving it. Great television. Although Emily, the girl who I thought might win it all got booted before the final 36. She was the bleached blond tatted rocker chick who sang Barracuda. One of my favorite songs of all time and she nailed it.

But when she got to Hollywood, she panicked at the last second and sang some lame No Doubt song (not that NoDoubt is lame, but it doesn't really show off your vocal skills) and then forgot the words the next day and didnt sound all that hot. Sad, but she's gone. A few other favorites disappeared as well. It's too tough to keep track of them until they hit the final group. So when it gets down to the final 36 I'll prob post a lit of my favorites and of the people that I HATE. Oh, I know some people don't like him, but that Norman Gentle guy is a freak and I am diggin that character he's got going on. Fascinating. Oh, and why doesn't Ryan do "Seacrest... Out" anymore?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many theories online:
- Too much gossip about him being gay and coming "out"
- Simon told him to quit saying it
- It was a secret message to a lover and that relationship is over
- He sold the rights to that phrase
- It made the show too much about him and the producers told him to stop saying it
- He finally realized how dumb he sounded
- He is trying to create a buzz about it (more publicity)

3:58 PM  
Blogger dana said...

Yes, Yes, and Yes!
* I'm bummed the pink hair chick blew it too. She had GREAT potential and really cool style.
* Norman Gentle is totally playing the show. I'm pretty sure he's just thinking, "how far can I take it and make a mockery of AI?". Awesome.
* Now that you mention it, yea...Ryan has not been doing "Seacrest, out". I guess even he knows when something is SO 3 years ago. He's still freaking annoying (and equally perfect for the show)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Newlyweds said...

my mom's ringtone for when my sister calls her is barracuda......

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home