Thursday, July 03, 2008

OK. First off, I have to talk about a banner ad I just saw on my projectplaylist site. It is one of those animated ones where they trick you into clicking on it, by having a button you're supposed to push. It has a big animated gorilla and then a little human (you) running towards a helicopter. The words are such a strange mix of demands and emotions that it really takes a toll. It says:

OUTRUN THE GORILLA!
FIND UR CRUSH'S NAME!

So if you DON'T outrun the gorilla you are going to die. If you DO outrun the gorilla you get the reward of finding out a secret that possible leads to true love. Pretty drastic. Either a great thing or a terrible thing, so you're already pretty confused. Then if you do nothing, you just watch the gorilla catch you and it says " LOSER! try again" I hate being called a loser, but I rose above and still didn't click on it, because I'm strong in mind.

ANYWAY. The song playing now and the album cover above are from M83. This song and album are brand new, but capture the 80's sound better than most '80's' bands. Kim and Jessie sounds like it is straight from a John Hughes movie and that album cover makes my heart hurt because it is so dead on, such a great composed photo and because it makes me wish I was 12 years old watching a VHS of Breakfast Club or something. Anyway, it's a brilliant CD if you are into 80's music and I highly recommend picking it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home